Before starting the application process, make sure you qualify by meeting these requirements:
- Minimum age of 18 years.
Must be a Canadian citizen or have permanent residency.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record. (unrestricted for 1 year minimum)
- No criminal convictions. (unless a pardon has been granted)
- Visual acuity correctable to 20/20 or 20/30 in each eye. (laser surgery acceptable after 6 months)
- Excellent health and physical conditioning.
- Good command of the English language, written and oral.
- Satisfactory employment record.
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate.
HOW DO YOU PREPARE?
We are looking for individuals with high moral character with a history of making good community-minded choices.
That’s why even before your application process, you can prepare in the following ways:
- Being responsible with alcohol and drugs.
- Getting an education. (applicants with some post-secondary are favourable)
- Ensuring good physical conditioning.
- Maintaining a good driving record.
- Fostering good relationships.
- Solid job performance.
- Getting involved in the community and volunteering.
- Improving your communication skills.
- Acquire and maintain Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate.
Three Phase Recruitment Process
Application form (Constable Information, Application and Personal Disclosure Form)
Fill out the application form below (depending on which position you’re applying for) AND the personal disclosure form
- Preliminary interview (we contact you)
- Polygraph interview
- Psychological interview
- Panel interview
- 20 weeks of paid Basic Training
- Field training with an experienced officer
If you have any questions, make sure to speak with a recruiter today!