There are no scheduled information sessions at this time.
Stay tuned for new session dates posted here.
In the meantime, please watch the recorded virtual information session below or schedule a chat with a recruiter.
Written Mental Abilities Test (SIGMA)
Description: 74-question general knowledge test. Successful applicants will complete the test within 35 minutes with a passing grade of 57% or higher.
Required for: All police officer applicants
Next testing date:
June 8th, 2022
Saskatoon Police Service Headquarters
76-25th Street East
Future testing dates:
- July 27th, 2022
- August 17th, 2022
- September 28th, 2022
How to prepare: Practice tests are available here
Physical Test (Police Officers Physical Abilities Test or POPAT)
Description: Physical speed, strength and endurance course. Must complete the course in 4 minutes and 45 seconds to pass.
Successful completion of the written entrance exam, a $60 fee, one piece of photo identification, and both POPAT forms from your application package are required to take the test. The medical opinion/clearance form must be completed by a doctor.
Required for: All police officer applications (excluding Communications Special Constable)
Next testing dates:
June 9th, 2022
University of Saskatchewan
College of Kinesiology PAC
87 Campus Drive
- July 28th, 2022
- August 18th, 2022
- September 29th, 2022
How to prepare:
- Practice running 6 months prior to the test
- Ensure you can run 5 to 8 kms in a continuous run lasting 30-45 minutes
- Practice muscular strength and endurance training
- Core strength exercises including push ups, squats, lunges, and plyometric training
- Weight training working all major upper and lower body muscle groups
What you’ll need:
- Successful completion of the written entrance exam
- A $60 fee
- One piece of photo identification
- Both POPAT forms from your application package are required to take the test.
- Medical opinion/clearance form must be completed by a doctor
Watch These Videos For More Information
The Human Performance Centre at the University of Saskatchewan offers a POPAT preparation course. For details contact Jason Weber at 306-966-1006 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to the Saskatoon Industry Education Council for their Spotlight on Law Enforcement. Find out more information on the SIEC here.